Are you looking for a career change?
Do you have a degree or diploma, and want to make a career change?
Are you interested in working in the healthcare sector?
The H.A.S.S. Group is recruiting in Polokwane, Nelspruit, Witbank and Windhoek (Namibia). We have branches across the country, and specialise in full service hearing healthcare. We pride ourselves on a dynamic working environment, state-of-the-art equipment, top class training and benchmark ourselves against international best practice.
We offer the opportunity for you to change your career - if you have a degree or diploma, we can help you study further and qualify to work in hearing healthcare.
- Should your initial application be successful, you will be invited for an interview in the relevant city.
- The positions are for Hearing Aid Acousticians
- Successful applicants will undertake to complete a two-year part-time Advanced Diploma in Hearing Aid Acoustics through the University of Pretoria. A bursary contract will apply.
- The position entails patient care and management; diagnostic hearing testing; computer-aided hearing aid fitting and on-going patient care/retention.
- You must have a degree or diploma
- You must want to study further
- Fully bilingual (English and Afrikaans)
- Excellent client relationship skills
Tel: (012) 333-3131
Terms and conditions apply.
More about the Advanced Diploma in Hearing Aid Acoustics
The diploma is offered by the University of Pretoria.
1. Who should obtain the Diploma?
Anyone with a senior certificate or Grade 12 plus three year post-matric diploma or degree who wishes to receive advanced training in the dispensing of hearing aids.
2. Aims of the Diploma
To equip individuals to:
- Select, fit and repair hearing aids;
- Take ear mould impressions and manufacture ear moulds;
- Conduct pure tone air conduction and bone conduction, as well as speech hearing tests for the purpose of fitting hearing aids;
- Evaluate hearing aid fittings by means of measurements in the ear;
- Instruct the patient in the use and maintenance of a hearing aid.
3. Course content of the programme
- Anatomy and physiology of the ear
- Pathology of the ear
- Acoustics of speech
- Communication and perception of speech
- Theoretical underpinnings and application of the basic test battery: Part 1
- Theoretical basis and practical application of hearing aids and assistive listening devices: part 1
- Hearing health care professions within the health care system
- Theoretical underpinnings and application of the basic audiometric test battery: Part 2
- Hearing health care in industry
- Introduction to the rehabilitation of the hearing impaired
- Theoretical basis and practical application of hearing aids and assistive listening devices: Part 2
- Business management and marketing
4. Duration of course
Two years part-time. One week’s practical training in the middle of the year and one week at the end of the year at the Department of Communication Pathology, University of Pretoria.
5. How is the course presented?
This is a correspondence course with a practical component comprising of contact periods during the year. The medium of instruction is English.