Hearing Conservation Management Programmes
H.A.S.S. Industrial's Noise-Ban Elite custom-made hearing protection devices offer optimum protection for those operating in noisy environments, while still providing the opportunity for communication. They are backed by ISO 9001:2008 accreditation and the SABS-approved Performance Mark.
These custom-made hearing protection devices form part of the H.A.S.S. Hearing Conservation Management Programme, which aims at providing a long-term solution for noise-induced hearing loss. It is part of a comprehensive programme that includes monitoring the noise levels of the work area, the user’s hearing, and the effectiveness of the hearing protection device. It is a programme that uses a systematic and total approach that involves management, the workforce and the supplier.
The programme also includes:
- A comprehensive needs assessment.
- On-site service by SABS-accredited H.A.S.S. staff, ensuring maximum productivity for your workforce.
- Monitoring of the fit, comfort and attenuation of the product in the ears of each individual user - providing effective attenuation and full compliance to international specifications.
- Training the user in the use and maintenance of the product.
- Annual Monitoring is a programme designed to control the effectiveness of the Noise-Ban custom-made hearing protection device, and the H.A.S.S. Hearing Conservation Management Programme. The product does not need to be “calibrated”, but monitoring is done to ensure that the programme and the product continue to work optimally, ensuring that the user does not incur a noise-induced hearing loss. Annual monitoring also extends the effectiveness guarantee for another twelve months.
- Full data management system for record-keeping, control and feedback.